Monday, June 11, 2012

chapters

In just 3 days my little boy will be leaving pre-school to go to kindergarten.  I know he is more than ready.  But I am not.  You see for the last 3 years after dropping the girls off at school Brady and I would get 1/2 hour together.  Just the two of us.  It is my most favorite time of the day.  I would take him for breakfast and we would share some sweet treat and he would enjoy his chocolate milk.
When I was pregnant with Lucy I started to feel sad that our mornings together would be over. Then when she came so early I really felt cheated on that special time with him. See Brady has to battle for attention from his twin sisters. Who demand a lot of attention. He sometimes gets lost in the shuffle of girly things and activities. So that time in the morning he was able to talk about what ever his little heart wanted. He would ask me so many questions. He would make me laugh and I really felt like I was able to instill all the things a little boy should know to become a great man. Once Lucy was home I realized we were still able to have our special mornings. It is so fun to watch him as a big brother. He adores Lucy and she to him. This morning while hanging out in the car before his school started I said "oh buddy are you so excited just 3 more days of school and then it's summer and you are a big kindergartner!" To which he responded with tears. Big sad tears. I said "what's wrong?" He said "I don't want to leave my school, I don't want to leave my friends. I don't want to leave you!" I started crying too. This has been such a special time and one I know can't last forever. With the new chapter of his life starting I know we will make new memories. But I will always look back on this time with my buddy as one of the best parts of motherhood.

1 comment: