Monday, January 14, 2013

2

Dearest Lucy,
Today you turn 2!  What an amazing adventure the last 2 years have been.  I am forever honored to be your mother.  I witnessed your strength so early in your little life.  Strength that I know I don't have.  You fought hard for this life.  You are here for a reason.  To change the world.  You have already changed mine.  Every time I start to worry about you.  You show me that you are okay.  You are always one step ahead of my worries.  Thank you.  Thank you for teaching me what the word miracle really means.  That life is fragile and getting hung up on nonsense just isn't worth it.  You are so wise.  I see it in your eyes.  You know so much about life, more than most and you are only 2.  I am so excited to watch you grow this next year.  To see you explore more and teach me more about loving and letting go of what life should be like. Just truly living for each day.  I sometimes wonder how I got so lucky to be your mom.  Thank you God for giving me Lucy.  My wish for you, sweet Lucy, is that you never loose your spark.  You always remember how grateful I am for you.  That you know you are the light in our family and you give us so many reasons to smile.  Happy Birthday!! I love you to the moon and back.

Here are some of my favorites of Lucy this last year:











No comments:

Post a Comment