Monday, December 13, 2010

spots

Everyday I have tried to find the bright spot in my day. At night I pray for my mom to do the same. Some days are easier than others. Last Sunday Brady, my son, had a recital at school. Brady is 4, he is also extremely funny and shy. My mom came to the recital, I was having a hard time watching the recital because I was concerned about my moms comfort level. Then a bright spot appeared. Brady all of a sudden ran down from the stage came running over to me, climbing over people just to ask if when he was all done could he get a cookie. Everybody laughed, I cried. Not because I was sad but because my son did something so out of character that I was able to see that bright spot. The happy in my day. Today my spot came when my daughter told me if I sang during her Christmas performance at church everybody would say "who is that crazy lady" and she didn't want anybody thinking that I was crazy. I am enjoying the bright spots, hoping that there are more everyday. I guess I am just hoping that I notice them and not overlook them, because they are there, I just need to look.

1 comment:

  1. And that you are looking shows what a resilient spirit you are. That is the best thing you can do for your family.

    ReplyDelete