Thursday, December 16, 2010

support

In life when hard times hits us you truly find who your friends are. It is a tough lesson but one that in the end is much appreciated. Friends support in different ways. I have the friends who are calling everyday to see how I am doing, and I love that. Friends who I was close with years ago and have lost contact with but write me sweet words of encouragement, amazingly helpful words. I have the friends who keep their distance but I know that if I ever needed them they would be there in a heartbeat. I think what I appreciate the most is the quite support. I had a friend at work who asked me how I was doing and then started crying before I could even answer. She apologized for not asking more but she felt so sad about what I am going through that she didn't know how to ask or help me. The thing is I know she is there for me. Even without her asking. That to me is more comforting. To be honest the majority of the time I don't want to answer questions or talk about my mom or how I am feeling, selfish? Yes. But it is my way to survive each day with as much normalcy as possible. Then there are the people who I reefer to as wolves. The ones who come out of nowhere and try and feast on your sorrows. They are the worst. Contacting you or your loved ones/husband, trying to squeeze their way into your life. I try and keep the wolves out of my life. I cherish each friendship I have and I am thankful I have friends who can lift me up through the dark times and dance through the bright times.

No comments:

Post a Comment